Consider some facts that I found about the moon...
- The Moon is not a light source; it does not make its own light.
- The Moon reflects light from the Sun.
- We can see the Moon because light from the Sun bounces off it back to the Earth.
- If the Sun wasn't there, we wouldn't be able to see it.
- The Moon appears to change shape but what we are actually seeing is the Moon lit up by the light from the Sun in different ways on different days.
What an awesome illustration of what it means to be a reflection of God's light!